Minnesota Museum of American Art is not currently hiring for any paid positions. If you would like to submit your resume to keep on file, please send it to:
Attn: Human Resources
Minnesota Museum of American Art
Pioneer Endicott Building
141 E. 4th Street, Suite 101
St. Paul, MN 55101
Minnesota Museum of American Art
Unpaid Part-time (20 hrs/week)
JOB TITLE: Curatorial Intern
SUPERVISOR: Curator of Exhibitions and Public Programs
DESCRIPTION: Assist the curator in exhibition and programming projects related to current and upcoming MMAA exhibitions.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
§ Assist with de-install/install of exhibitions including loan agreements, communications, and gallery prep.
§ Draft label copy.
Education: Minimum BA, BFA or equivalent. Fine Art or Art History major preferred.
The ideal candidate will:
· Bring strong knowledge of Minnesota’s artist community, contemporary art and experience with arts organizations.
· Demonstrate an ability to conduct in-depth research and administrative tasks
· Write concise summaries of exhibitions and artist statements for press and web
· Have strong verbal and written skills, including social media platforms
· Demonstrate an ability to work independently and have strong organizational skills
The ideal candidate will know:
PC & Mac computer, Photoshop, Bridge, Microsoft Word & Excel software, phone/fax/scanner/copy machine.
Requirements: Satisfactory criminal background check required
MMAA is committed to building, strengthening, and maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly encourages people of color and people with disabilities to apply.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume via email to MMAA Curator of Exhibitions and Public Programs Christopher Atkins, email@example.com. Please do not submit any additional materials by mail or in person.
Deadline: Position will be open until filled.
MMAA Special Event Intern
The MMAA is seeking an enthusiastic, organized individual to join our team as a special event intern. This position will primarily assist with preparations for a large-scale fundraising event taking place on October 1. The position will allow ample opportunity to gain experience with all aspects of fundraising event planning.
· Assist with centerpieces, décor, etc.
· Track RSVP responses, maintain guest list
· Manage the creation of name cards, registration at the event
· Assist with Live Auction preparations
This internship is appropriate for college students or recent graduates in any area of study. Applicants should:
· Have some event planning experiences
· Have excellent data-entry, organizational skills
· Be attentive to detail, independent, responsibility, diligent
· Be outgoing, approachable when interacting with event attendees
Timeline and Commitment
Up to 20 hours per week- hours are flexible but must be on weekdays and the time commitment will increase closer to the event date. Must be available to assist at the event on Saturday, October 1.
Email resume to Sarah McClure, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Minnesota Museum of American Art is committed to equal employment opportunity and unbiased treatment of all individuals based on job-related qualifications and without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.