Contribute to the Minnesota Museum of American Art’s future by planning for a special gift, such as a bequest in your will or a trust that pays you income. There are many creative and flexible planned giving options that can benefit you and the museum. Donors who contribute through a planned gift or make a provision for the museum in their estate plans are recognized as members of the M Legacy Society.
With a planned gift, you can:
- Make a larger charitable gift than you thought possible
- Take care of the financial needs of your family first
- Provide inheritances for your heirs at a lower tax cost
- Reduce your income tax and even avoid capital gains taxes
- Diversify your investment portfolio
- Increase income and effective rate of return
- Leave a legacy without giving up assets
One easy way to include the M in your estate plan is to name the Minnesota Museum of American Art as a beneficiary of your donor-advised fund, retirement plan, IRA, or life insurance policy. Doing so is as simple as filling out a beneficiary designation form from your plan provider or administrator.